These little patties are soft in the middle and crispy outside. People who claim they dont like cauliflower have been known to eat them with gusto! For extra crunch, use a bread that has sunflower or other seeds in it. These patties are delicious served plain or with a tomato or cheese sauce. Accompany them with a green salad.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower (about 1 1/2 lb.), cut into florets
- 2 cups whole-grain breadcrumbs, or as needed
- 1/3 cup crunchy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Steam cauliflower florets 10 minutes, or until very tender. Transfer to mixing bowl, and mash with potato masher until only small lumps remain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, cashew butter and green onions, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more breadcrumbs, if necessary, to make mixture hold together.
- Shape into 12 patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Spread remaining breadcrumbs on sheet of wax paper. Coat patties on both sides with breadcrumbs. 4. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add half of patties, and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Repeat with remaining patties and oil. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 370 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g