Toasted spices and fresh herbs add intrigue to potatoes and cauliflower.
1. Cut cauliflower into 1-inch florets. Peel the central stem and cut into inch slices. Dice potatoes.
2. Measure spices and place them, along with all the vegetables, next to the stove.
3. Eat the ghee over medium-high heat in a deep, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Add cumin seeds and fry until brown, about 20 seconds. Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Stir for a moment and immediately add cauliflower, potatoes, and fresh (but not frozen) green peas.
4. Stir constantly until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt, and continue cooking until mixture thickens and the fat begins to separate from the sauce, about 15 minutes. (If using frozen peas, add now.)
5. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe printed with permission from A Taste of India, by Madhur Jaffrey.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g