Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- Eight 1-cup servingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound onion, sauté slice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 pounds celeriac, trimmed, 1/2" half-moon slices
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in 3-quart pot. Add onions, salt, and rolled oats. Reduce heat, and sweat onions and oats covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add celeriac and garlic. Sweat celeriac and garlic for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add stock, and bring soup to simmer. Cook covered for 20-25 minutes, or until celeriac is very tender.
4. Puree soup in a high-speed blender until smooth. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
See Also: Lentil Terrine