Recipe by Chef Dr. Annemarie Colbin, Natural Gourmet Institute
- 3 ½ cupsServings
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large ribs celery, 1/4 inch thin slices
- 3 cups stock
- 1/4 lb potatoes, medium dice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. In medium pot, heat oil and salt, sweat leeks until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent browning.
2. Add celery to pot and continue cooking 5 minutes more, stirring often to prevent browning.
3. Add stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil, covered. Lower heat, and simmer 20 minutes, with lid ajar, stirring occasionally.
4. Puree in blender until smooth and no grittiness remains. Pass through a food mill to remove celery strings. Return to pot.
5. Season to taste with lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
6. Place soup in bowls and garnish with parsley.
See Also: Creamy Carrot Soup with Oats