Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Chef Dr. Annemarie Colbin, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. In medium pot, heat oil and salt, sweat leeks until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent browning.
2. Add celery to pot and continue cooking 5 minutes more, stirring often to prevent browning.
3. Add stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil, covered. Lower heat, and simmer 20 minutes, with lid ajar, stirring occasionally.
4. Puree in blender until smooth and no grittiness remains. Pass through a food mill to remove celery strings. Return to pot.
5. Season to taste with lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
6. Place soup in bowls and garnish with parsley.
See Also: Creamy Carrot Soup with Oats
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g