Dress up this brunch dish with sprinkles of freshly ground black pepper, and pair it with accompaniments such as sliced papaya and spiced tomato juice.
- 1/3 cup fine cornmeal
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 lb. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 4 oz. crumbled chèvre cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray 9-inch round baking pan or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy. Stir in ricotta, cornstarch, chèvre cheese and half of sliced scallions. Season mixture with cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 425F. Increase temperature to 450F, and bake 8 to 10 minutes more, or until just set and slightly golden. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining scallions and parsley and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 275 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 810 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g