The flavor of this cheese-and-pimiento spread is brightened by adding mustard, thyme and onion. Tasty served on crackers, wheat or rye bread, pitas or your favorite bagel, it is also wonderful spread on tortillas, sprinkled with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sprouts and rolled up to make a veggie wrap. Prepare 24 hours in advance and refrigerate.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 5 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 to 3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped pimiento or red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled, optional
- 1 to 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Soften cream cheese in bowl with fork. Add cheddar, mayonnaise and mustard and blend well.
- Add pimiento, onion, thyme and parsley, if desired, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and let mixture stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 300 mg