This sturdy dish combines fall’s hearty greens with a creamy cheese sauce to form a complete meal. Try it with heated focaccia bread, and stewed fruits for dessert.
- 1 bunch mustard greens, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 bunch chard, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup soy “bacon” bits
- 1 12.3-oz. silken soft tofu
- 1/2 cup unflavored soymilk
- 1 7-oz. pkg. shredded soy cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced, for garnish
- Put greens into large saucepan, leaving rinse water on leaves. Cover, and steam over medium heat until completely wilted. Using tongs, put greens into colander. Drain, squeeze out excess water with hands and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil in large skillet, and sauté beans and garlic 5 minutes. Add sunflower seeds, “bacon” bits and greens. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Put tofu and soymilk in blender, and purée until smooth. Pour into saucepan, add cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Put greens mixture on individual plates, top with cheese sauce and garnish with diced red pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g