A cheerful pasta dish, this entree builds on several basic ingredients for a quick-cook meal. Serve with a tossed green salad, brownies or blondies and fruit juice.
- 9 oz. fresh cheese-filled ravioli
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat, and add ravioli. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until ravioli float to surface and are tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and add spinach, tomatoes, onion powder, salt and pepper, and saut8E until spinach and tomatoes wilt, for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in ravioli, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon equal portions onto individual plates, and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g