- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole or nonfat milk
- About 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cream butter and flour until smooth. Add cheese and breadcrumbs. Blend in milk to form a smooth dough, adding more crumbs if the dough is too wet. Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on counter, and set dough on it. Cover with another piece of plastic. Roll dough out until it is about 18x8 inches. Chill till firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use a sharp knife to cut dough into strips 4x1/4-inch thick. Arrange dough strips on baking sheet, and sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Bake until brown, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and store or serve.
- Serving Size: Makes about 7 dozen
- Calories: 30
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg