This is not quite a soufflé and not exactly an omelet—in either case, it is a great way to practice your egg-whisking skills.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks with fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg whites using hand or stand mixer until soft but not stiff peaks form.
- Heat butter and oil in 7-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Using plastic spatula, fold egg yolks into whites, adding half the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Fold omelet soufflé onto plate.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 385 mg
- Fat Content: 31 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16 g
- Sodium Content: 460 mg