Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This is not quite a soufflé and not exactly an omeletin either case, it is a great way to practice your egg-whisking skills.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks with fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg whites using hand or stand mixer until soft but not stiff peaks form.
- Heat butter and oil in 7-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Using plastic spatula, fold egg yolks into whites, adding half the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Fold omelet soufflé onto plate.
- Serving Size Serves 2
- Calories 380
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 385 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g