Melted cheese, prepared marinara sauce and creamy polenta are an unbeatable comfort food combination. You can substitute powdered garlic and dried basil for their fresh counterparts, if they're handier.
- 1/3 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 4 1/4-inch-thick slices prepared polenta
- 4 small slices fontina cheese
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Stir together marinara sauce, garlic and basil in medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Cover, and microwave on high 2 minutes, or until hot throughout. Keep covered, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, arrange polenta slices, overlapping them slightly, on plate. Top polenta with fontina cheese slices. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until cheese melts. Spoon marinara sauce over polenta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 1
- Calories: 366
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 64 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 1200 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g