- 6 oz. dried unsulfured cherries (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 1 Tbs. kudzu
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- In small bowl, combine cherries and warm water to cover. Let soak 30 minutes.
- Drain cherries and transfer to blender along with maple syrup and 1 1/2 cups apple juice. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- In cup, dissolve kudzu in remaining 1/4 cup apple juice. Whisk into cherry mixture along with lemon peel. Cook, whisking often, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes (mixture will thicken further as it cools). Cool completely before using.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 cups
- Calories: 40
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg