Three Mediterranean pantry staples—tapenade, hummus, and herbes de Provence—are used to make these individual appetizers that got high marks from the VT staff. Serve on a bed of greens dressed with balsamic vinaigrette, and follow with a vegetable-laced stew.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 1/2 17.3-oz. pkg. puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tsp. black olive tapenade
- 9 tsp. prepared hummus
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
2. Toss cherry tomatoes with oil and herbes de Provence in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
3. Cut puff pastry into 6 31/2-inch rounds, and transfer rounds to prepared baking sheet. Prick rounds with fork.
4. Spread each puff pastry round with 1 tsp. tapenade, then 11/2 tsp. hummus. Top each tartlet with 8 cherry tomato halves. Bake tartlets 20 minutes, or until crusts are browned on bottom and edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 255 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g