These treats will be just as tender and chewy at the end of the vacation as they were at the start (if they last that long).
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and 1/4 tsp. salt in bowl. Stir in apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
3. Beat brown sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, oil and egg whites with electric beater until smooth. Stir in oat mixture.
4. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish, and pat down firmly. Sprinkle top with remaining salt. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm. Cool 20 minutes before slicing into bars. Unmold, and store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: Makes 25 squares
- Calories: 202
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 97 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g