Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
To save time, this crust proofs (rises) as the oven heats up. The dough is seasoned with garlic and onion powder for extra flavor.
1. Combine yeast, sugar, and 1 1/2 cups warm water in measuring cup. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes, or until liquid is cloudy and bubbly.
2. Whisk together potato starch, brown rice flour, teff flour, guar gum, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture, adding more liquid if necessary to make soft dough. Stir in oil. Cover, and let rise in warm place 20 minutes.
3. Brush or rub pizza pan with oil. Scoop dough onto pizza pan. Place hand in plastic bag, and press dough flat to cover pizza pan.
4. Garnish with desired toppings. Place pizza on middle rack in oven, and preheat oven to 350°F with pizza in oven. Once oven temperature reaches 350°F, bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottom is crisp and brown, and cheese, if using, is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serving Size Makes 1 12-inch pizza
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 294 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g