Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Eat this salad the day it’s made—otherwise, the spinach will wilt and turn soggy.
1. Whisk together lemon juice and oil in bowl. Stir in leek, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
2. Roll 7 or 8 spinach leaves into tight cylinder, then slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves.
3. Combine spinach, chickpeas, carrots, bell pepper, and sunflower seeds in large bowl. Stir in leek mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Divide romaine among 8 plates, top with chickpea salad, and arrange tomatoes around salad, if using. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. feta, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g