Fill your home with the delicious smell of Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Soup.
- Makes 8 servings.Servings
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 red bell peppers (about 8 ounces each) roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over the medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the chickpeas and rosemary, mixing well. Add broth and bay leaves.
3. Purée the red peppers in a food processor or blender. Stir into the soup, cove, and simmer gently over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste the salt and pepper. Just before serving, garnish the soup with chopped fresh parsley, if you'd like.