This classic Greek dish is super-easy to prepare and can be made as many as 2 days ahead.
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur or cracked wheat
- 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- In large bowl, combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with fork. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining ingredients; stir well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 224 mg