Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The trick to turning out light and tender muffins is to not work the batter too hard. Mix the ingredients just until blended.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-muffin pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, both sugars, baking powder and salt. In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Make well in dry ingredients. Add milk mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes, then loosen edges and turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
- Serving Size Makes 12 muffins
- Calories 81
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 22 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 234 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g