Complete this dinner with warm corn tortillas, a salad made with a bag of organic salad mix and tangy sliced oranges.
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 (15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
- Light sour cream or soy sour cream, Optional
- In food processor, pulse onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper and cilantro until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped.
- In medium saucepan, combine salsa and pinto beans. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 4-6 SERVINGS
- Calories: 201
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 586 mg