This refreshing soup’s spicy-sweet flavor is reminiscent of Thai cuisine. For creamiest results, use a ripe cantaloupe.
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 large (4 lb) cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped basil, plus 8 fresh leaves for garnish
1. Blend soup: In a high-powered blender or food processor, combine lime juice and half the cantaloupe; pulse until liquified. Add remaining cantaloupe and blend until smooth. Add 1/3 cup yogurt and Sriracha, and blend thoroughly. Add half of chopped basil and pulse lightly until just mixed in, but green flecks remain visible. Salt to taste. Transfer soup to a bowl, cover, and chill until very cold, about 2 hours.
2. Prepare yogurt garnish: In a clean blender, puree remaining 1/3 cup yogurt, remaining chopped basil, 1 tbsp water, and a pinch of salt.
3. To serve: Ladle soup among 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of yogurt mixture, 2 basil leaves, and extra drops of Sriracha, if desired. Serve.