Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A favorite recipe from Tilth Restaurant in Seattle.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cover, and reduce heat. Stir occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and sherry vinegar in a large bowl. Use a blender to purée in batches until smooth (pouring puréed mixture into a second bowl). Slowly add the remaining 1 and 1/8 cup olive oil to the last batch while the blender is running to emulsify the oil into the mixture.
3. Pour the puréed mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into the original large bowl, using a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
4. Chill soup until cold. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Spoon into bowls and garnish with basil flowers
or sliced basil leaves.
This recipe was printed with permission from Maria Hines, chef of Tilth Restaurant in Seattle, Washington.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g