Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This is a twist on the Vietnamese Bun Thit Nuong noodle dish.
- To make Dressing: Warm all ingredients in saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- To make Salad: Soak noodles in hot water 15 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Cook carrot in pot of boiling water 30 seconds. Transfer to colander with slotted spoon, and rinse under cold water. Add noodles to water and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to colander with carrots, and rinse under cold water. Drain, and chill.
- Toss noodle mixture with lettuce, basil, mint, and 1/2 cup Dressing. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with cucumber slices, bean sprouts, and green onion. Arrange mango slices on top, and drizzle with remaining Dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 359 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g