Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Fruit soups are perfect summertime sweetenersand the flavors of this berry combination are heightened by a dash of cinnamon and a spoonful of vegan sour cream. Edible flower petals glamorize this delectable dessertor appetizer.
- Heat 3 cups Port wine in saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Stir in berries and sugar, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes; alcohol will evaporate.
- Combine cornstarch with remaining ¼ cup Port wine. Stir cornstarch mixture and cinnamon into soup, and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour soup into large serving bowls, and top each bowl with equal portions of vegan sour cream.
- Garnish soup with edible flower petals before serving.
- Serving Size Serves 2 TO 3
- Calories 560
- Carbohydrate Content 67 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 59 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g