Chinese broccoli tastes like a cross between broccoli and broccoli rabe. It has a slight bitterness that pairs well with the sweetness in black bean sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb. Chinese broccoli, ends trimmed and stalks peeled
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. black bean garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Blanch broccoli 1 to 2 minutes, or until bright green. Rinse under cold water to stop cooking, and drain well.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in black bean sauce and sugar, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes more, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 141 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g