Chinese wheat noodles have a delightful springy texture, making them a perfect candidate for salad. Grilled portobello mushrooms make this dish especially satisfying.
- Place vegetable grilling rack on grill. Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to high. Alternatively, preheat broiler. Bring large pot water to a boil for noodles.
- Make dressing: Put mayonnaise into medium bowl, and gradually whisk in soy sauce until smooth. Add remaining dressing ingredients and whisk until blended. Cover and set aside in refrigerator. (Dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.)
- Steam broccol until just tender, 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Arrange portobello slices on baking sheet. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon soy sauce and vegetable oil. Brush over both sides of portobellos. Place portobellos on grilling rack (or under broiler), cover and grill until browned and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side (same cooking time for broiling). Let cool slightly, then dice.
- Drop noodles into boiling water; stir to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring often and separating noodles, until just tender, 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 minutes. Transfer noodles to large bowl and drizzle with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- Add broccoli, portobellos and carrots to noodles. Add reserved dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to large shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Serving Size 6 to 8 Servings
- Calories 202
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 467 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g