Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Chef Alexandra Borgia, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Heat a wok over medium to high flame and add one tablespoon of oil and ginger, stirring for 1 minute.
2. Add the carrots and garlic and stir fry for 1 more minute.
3. Push vegetables to the side of the wok and add the remaining oil and beaten egg, continuing to stir until the egg is scrambled then remove the egg with a large spoon and set it aside.
4. Add the cold rice, peas and tofu (if desired) to the wok, stirring to incorporate the vegetables.
5. Mix shoyu, toasted sesame oil and water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into rice and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add in the scrambled eggs and heat through.
6. Plate and top with cut scallions.
See Also: Bulgur, Acorn Squash and Pistachio Salad
Photography by Alexandra Shytsman, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g