If you think buttered corn on the cob is a little taste of heaven, just wait till you spread those steamed, grilled or roasted ears with flavored butter. Also try it as a bread spread, a pasta sauce or a garnish for vegetables and potatoes.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. lime zest
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill 1/2 hour, or until firm enough to shape into a log.
2. Place butter mixture on 18-inch sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Shape into log, and roll up in parchment or plastic. Twist ends to seal. Chill until firm. Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks, or in freezer for 6 months.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 23
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 22 mg