Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Using half butter and half canola oil lowers the saturated fat in these cookies without sacrificing flavor.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, oil, 2 Tbs. sugar, and salt until smooth with electric mixer on medium speed. Reduce speed to low, and add flours, mixing only until dough comes together. Divide into four disks, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Roll one dough disk into 9-inch circle. Spread 3 to 4 Tbs. jam over circle, leaving 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle with 2 Tbs. chocolate. Cut disk into 16 pie-shaped wedges. Roll each wedge into a coil, working from round edge to point. Repeat with remaining dough, jam, and chocolate.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together. Roll cookies in sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack, and store in airtight container up to 1 week.
- Serving Size Makes 64 cookies
- Calories 57
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 26 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g