This cake is as moist as it is healthful.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 2/3 cup low-fat cocoa
- 2 Tbs. oat bran
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. lite silken tofu
- 1/4 cup prune purée
- 3/4 cup (2 medium-sized) mashed bananas
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 cup enriched soymilk
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- Dusting of organic powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray.
- Combine spelt flour, soy flour, cocoa, oat bran, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place tofu in food processor, and blend. Add prune purée and bananas. Blend, add remaining ingredients and process thoroughly. Make a well in dry ingredients, and fold in liquid mixture without overbeating. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool. Sprinkle with organic powdered sugar, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 16
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 195 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g