This spiced, nutty chocolate bark makes a nice holiday gift or addition to a holiday cookie plate.
1. Grease a baking sheet, and line it with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a large stainless steel bowl placed over (not touching) simmering water in a pot. Add the cardamom, and stir to dissolve for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat, and stir in half of the mulberries, cherries, almonds, and pistachios.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat, and dry the bottom with a towel. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. With an offset or rubber spatula, spread the chocolate in a wide rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the remaining nuts, dried fruit, and the coffee beans, and press them gently into the chocolate. Dust with the salt.
4. Cool in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, until hard. When firm, slide chocolate onto a cutting board, and cut or break it into pieces. Keep it refrigerated until just before serving.
Recipe printed with permission from The New Persian Kitchen by Louisa Shafia.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g