Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This delicious dessert fondue keeps fat and calories in check by caramelizing milk in much the same way that dulce de leche, the South American caramel sauce, is made. Serve it with cubes of angel food cake, or toasted pound cake, strawberries, sliced bananas, pineapple chunks or vegetarian marshmallows.
- Put condensed milk in stove-proof fondue pot over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until it turns light caramel, about 7 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly; cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, chocolate and salt, and stir until smooth.
- Place fondue pot over warmer, and serve with dippers.
- Calories 49
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 30 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g