The ingredient list for this recipe looked so simple, no one at VT was prepared for how delicious these cookies turned out. Peanut butter and maple syrup hold the cookies together and help keep them dense and moist.
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Spoon peanut butter into microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high power 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted, stirring once or twice.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 Tbs. dough for each cookie onto prepared baking sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: Makes 24 cookies
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 238 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g