This recipe makes enough to coat 14 whole bagel chips. Chocolate lovers can use chocolate sprinkles instead of coconut and nuts, but rainbow sprinkles are fun for the kids. If youve used whole bagel chips, you can break them into smaller pieces if you like. Adapted from The Bagel Bible: For Bagel Lovers, the Complete Guide to Great Noshing.
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 6-oz. bag plain or cinnamon-raisin bagel chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Put chocolate chips and oil in a saucepan. Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until chips melt, and mixture is blended thoroughly. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Drop bagel chips into chocolate one at a time, turning to coat. Make sure both sides are thoroughly coated. Spoon off excess chocolate. Place chips on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chips with coconut and chopped nuts. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 830
- Carbohydrate Content: 90 g
- Fat Content: 53 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21 g
- Sodium Content: 290 mg
- Sugar Content: 51 g