This fave dessert gets a new twist when flavored with bittersweet chocolate.
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups low-fat milk or plain soymilk
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbs. water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring once or twice to dissolve sugar. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until amber, swirling occasionally, but not stirring, to ensure even coloring. Divide among 6 ramekins, tilting to coat bottom and sides.
- Heat milk and chocolate in saucepan over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until chocolate melts and milk is hot, but not boiling. Whisk eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Whisk milk mixture into egg mixture. Ladle custard into ramekins. Set ramekins in large roasting pan; pour hot water in pan to one-third up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Run knife around inside edge of each crème. Invert onto plates, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 111 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 78 mg
- Sugar Content: 29 g