Almond butter not only holds these Rice Krispie Treat–like squares together, it also gives them a decadently rich, nutty flavor. Natural peanut butter and cashew butter also work well.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- Coat 9- x 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Place almond butter, brown rice syrup, and chocolate chips in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, or until ingredients are melted together. Remove from heat, and stir in cereal. Press mixture into baking pan, and cool 15 minutes. Dip sharp knife in water, and slice into squares.
- Serving Size: Makes 16 pieces
- Calories: 153
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 72 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g