You will need either a special chocolate fondue pot or a heat defuser to place under your ceramic fondue pot. Or simply heat your chocolate on the stove before serving and reheat as needed.
- 1 pint ripe strawberries
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 medium-sized fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 regular bananas or 8 baby bananas
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 4 oz. dried papaya, optional
- 4 oz. dried mango, optional
- 3 cups cubed cake, either angel food or pound cake
- 1 lb. assorted finger cookies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Tbs. Grand Marnier or other fruit liqueur or orange juice
- Wash and hull strawberries, and let air dry. Peel oranges, using hands to keep skin on sections unbroken. Break apart sections and place on rack to dry for 1 hour. Cut regular bananas into 1-inch lengths.
- Heat cream in saucepan over medium and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate, softening for 3 minutes. If not totally melted, place pan over lowest heat and stir constantly until melted. Stir in Grand Marnier and remove from heat.
- Transfer chocolate to fondue pot or ceramic pot and serve with accompaniments. Do not continue to heat at table.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg