Pastry chefs use velvety-smooth ganache, made from melted chocolate and cream, as a frosting and filling for cakes and cookies. The kind of chocolate used determines the sweetness and flavor of your ganache always use a good-quality brand.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pureed silken tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (2 3/4 oz.), or semisweet chocolate chips
- Place tofu in small bowl. (The smaller amount of tofu makes a fudgy, dark ganache; the larger amount makes more of a creamy spread.)
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler set over barely simmering (not boiling) water. When half-melted, remove from heat and stir until creamy. With a rubber spatula, scrape melted chocolate into tofu and stir until well blended. Use immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Serving Size: Makes 1/2 cup
- Calories: 53
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 5 mg