All-purpose flour and sugar balance the whole wheat, making a light, crisp crust.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbs. cold unsalted butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds plus extra for garnish
- 10.5 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- To make Crust: Place flours, sugar and salt in food processor. Pulse several times. Add butter, and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water, and pulse 9 to 10 times, or until dough begins to come together. Shape dough into disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Coat 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on well-floured work surface. Press into pan. Trim edges, and prick bottom all over with fork. Chill 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line crust with foil, then fill foil with raw rice or beans. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and rice; bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until crisp and light brown. Cool on wire rack.
- To make Filling: Toast almonds on baking sheet in 425F oven 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool, and set aside.
- Chop chocolate, and put in heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to a boil, and stir into chocolate. Let stand 15 minutes, or until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into crust. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Transfer from pan to plate. Garnish with extra almonds, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 278
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 82 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g