Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
All-purpose flour and sugar balance the whole wheat, making a light, crisp crust.
- To make Crust: Place flours, sugar and salt in food processor. Pulse several times. Add butter, and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water, and pulse 9 to 10 times, or until dough begins to come together. Shape dough into disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Coat 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on well-floured work surface. Press into pan. Trim edges, and prick bottom all over with fork. Chill 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line crust with foil, then fill foil with raw rice or beans. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and rice; bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until crisp and light brown. Cool on wire rack.
- To make Filling: Toast almonds on baking sheet in 425F oven 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool, and set aside.
- Chop chocolate, and put in heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to a boil, and stir into chocolate. Let stand 15 minutes, or until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into crust. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Transfer from pan to plate. Garnish with extra almonds, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 82 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g