Look for mangoes with sweet scents and rosy colors and avoid those that have black spots or are too soft—they can be overripe and stringy.
- 1 large mango, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium avocado, diced (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs. brewed espresso or strong black coffee
- 1 Tbs. rum, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas, quartered
- shaved coconut and diced mango, optional
- To make Chocolate Mousse: Blend mango, avocado, cocoa powder, coffee, rum, if using, and vanilla in food processor until smooth. Add melted chocolate, and blend until smooth. Chill 2 to 3 hours.
- To make Ginger Curls: Preheat oven to 325F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Whisk together maple syrup, oil and ginger in small bowl. Brush one side of each tortilla quarter with syrup and ginger mix. Press gently into muffin tin with brushed side facing up so tortilla holds slight cup-shaped form. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Cool on rack.
- Spoon mousse into curls. Top with coconut and mango, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g