Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This velvety cheesecake has a rich fudge flavor. It should be baked at least a day ahead, which makes it perfect for entertaining. “Coulis” is French for a thick purée or sauce.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap outside of pan with double layer of foil.
- To make Crust: Pulse cookies, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add oil, and pulse until moist. Press mixture over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of springform pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until set. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, to make Filling: Blend tofu in clean food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides once or twice. Add cream cheese, both sugars, cocoa, chocolate, cornstarch and vanilla; process until well blended. Add eggs, and pulse until just mixed in.
- Scatter raspberries over baked crust. Add batter, and spread evenly. Place cake in shallow roasting pan, and pour in enough hot water to come 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until edges are set but center still jiggles when pan is tapped. Turn off heat, and prop oven door open. Let cake cool in oven 1 hour.
- Place pan on wire rack, remove foil and let cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 4 days.
- To serve, run small, sharp knife inside rim to loosen edges, then remove rim. Set cake on serving platter, and arrange raspberries in heart shape over top. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings, and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with Raspberry Coulis.
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen thawed unsweetened raspberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbs. orange juice
- Purée all ingredients in food processor. Strain through fine sieve, and discard seeds.
PER SERVING: 369 CAL; 8G PROT; 18G TOTAL FAT (6.5G SAT. FAT); 47G CARB; 68MG CHOL; 179MG SOD; 5G FIBER; 35G SUGARS
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 369
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 68 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 179 mg
- Sugar Content 35 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g