This recipe originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine. For more dessert recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups chopped unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup coconut flour (TRY: NOW Foods Organic Coconut Flour)
- 3 tbsp raw honey, divided
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 7 oz dark chocolate (70% to 85%), broken into small pieces
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- unsweetened cacao powder, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mist a 10-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, pulse peanuts until finely ground, 15 to 20 pulses. Add coconut flour and 1 tbsp honey and pulse 4 to 5 times to combine. With the motor running, stream in melted coconut oil and keep motor running until dough comes together, 15 to 20 seconds. Remove blade and transfer dough to prepared pan, scraping bowl of food processor with a rubber spatula if necessary (dough will be soft). Press evenly into bottom of pan and halfway up sides. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Reduce oven to 325ºF. Add chocolate to a heat-proof bowl with vanilla, salt and remaining 2 tbsp honey. In a small saucepan on medium, bring coconut milk to a simmer (do not boil). Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in eggs until well combined and pour mixture into crust. Return to oven until filling is set and no longer jiggles, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely. If using, sprinkle top with cacao powder using a sifter or a fine mesh sieve.
- Serving Size: 2-inch wedge
- Calories: 269
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 53 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g