- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. soft tofu, well drained
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla or plain soymilk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, or whole raspberries
1. Heat chocolate and oil in top of double boiler set over barely simmering water. Whisk until smooth. Remove pan from water, and let cool 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut tofu into thick slabs, and place on triple layer of paper towels. Press firmly on tofu to squeeze out as much water as possible; change paper towels if necessary.
3. Put maple syrup, soymilk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and tahini into food processor. Crumble tofu into mixture, and purée until smooth, scraping down sides with spatula as necessary. Add melted chocolate, and process until well blended.
4. Transfer pudding into 6 custard cups or small bowls. Cover each with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or until softly set. To serve, top with berries.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g