These make a great on-the-go breakfast or sit-down brunch. Serve with light sour cream and salsa.
- 3 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium russet potato, diced
- 1 8-oz. pkg. soy chorizo
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
1. Heat 2 tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange diced potato in single layer in pan. Cook 7 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Move potato to side of pan. Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to opposite side of pan, then add soy chorizo; cook 1 minute, crumbling with spatula. Stir potato and chorizo together; cook 2 minutes more, or until potato is tender. Transfer to bowl, and cover.
2. Wipe out skillet, spray with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Crack eggs in pan, and cook 2 minutes, or until whites are set, turning once for over easy.
3. Lay eggs in centers of warmed tortillas. Divide potato mixture among tortillas, and top with green onions. Roll up tortillas, leaving one end open.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 burritos
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 208 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 515 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g