Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Fragrant rosemary adds pungent flavor, but if it wasn’t included in your harvest, use lavender, more sage, or dried thyme instead.
1. In a large, heavy stockpot over medium heat, heat oil.
2. Cook onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and sage, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until kidney beans are warmed through and green beans begin to soften, 10 minutes.
5. Add collards; cover and cook until warmed through, 1 minute.
6. Serve topped with Parmesan.
- Serving Size 8
- Calories 174
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g