Need a switch from tomato sauce? This hearty mushroom topping is just the ticket for pasta, grilled tofu, greens, or even eggs.
- 3/4-cup servingServings
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs. dried Italian herb seasoning (mixed herbs)
- 6 cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as buttons, portobellos, and shiitakes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and Italian seasoning; sauté 6 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; sauté 10 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown.
2. Add wine; cook 2 minutes, or until most of wine has evaporated. Stir in broth and soy sauce; simmer 6 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Serving Size: Makes 3 cups
- Calories: 149
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 456 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g