Try serving this with steamed broccoli and a fresh flatbread.
- 1 1/4 cups bulgur (presteamed cracked wheat)
- 1 20-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp. curry powder, or to taste
- 1 8- or 9-oz. jar sweet and spicy chutney, such as mango
- Cover bulgur with 2 cups boiling water in heatproof container. Let stand, covered, until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. For quicker results, combine bulgur and water in saucepan, and cook over medium-low heat until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas,tomatoes and curry in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Cover until needed.
- Stir chutney into readied bulgur, and season with salt. To serve, mound portion of bulgur on each plate, and top with portion of chickpea mixture.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 590 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g